Welcome to the webpages of HARIG, the Harwich Amateur Radio Interest Group. HARIG is the radio club for people in and around the
Harwich area in NE Essex on the east coast of the United Kingdom.
HARIG was formed in March 1990, and is affiliated to the RSGB. The constitution of the club is available.
Club Callsign: G0RGH
Contest callsigns used:
QSL Policy: Please note that HARIG is a small club with limited resources and therefore cannot mass QSL via the Bureau. Direct QSLs via the Address on QRZ.com accompanied by the correct return postage and envelope will be honoured and logs will be uploaded to eQSL. No other QSLs will be undertaken.
The Harwich Amateur Radio Interest Group General Information:
HARIG meets at the Park Pavilion, Barrack Lane, Harwich, Essex, CO12 3NS. UK on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Meetings start formally at
8pm and visitors are always welcome.
The 2019 Programme of Meetings include:
- March 13th: Talk on Aircraft Scatter by John G3XDY
- April 10th: My Life as a Scout Leader by Louis 2E0GYY
- May 8th: Talk/Demo on FT8 by John G4BAV
- June 12th: Talk "dB for free: An Antenna exercise for little pistols" by Hank W6SX via Skype
- July 10th: Practical evening at the Harwich High Light.
- August 14th: Sausage Sizzle & Social
- September 11th: Piel Island Dxpedition by Kevan 2E0WMG
The 2019 Events Programme includes:
- March 16th/17th: Russian DX Contest Open House at G0DVJ
- May 27th: HARIG Radio Bank Holiday at The Observatory, Wakes Colne.
- August 18th: International Lighthouse and Lightship Weekend (ILLW) GB4HLH at the Harwich High Light.
For details of the above, please contact the secretary using the contact email below.
You can access the latest issue of our quarterly newsletter: "Crosstalk" in Acrobat PDF format.
In the unlikely event that you dont already have
Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it free.
HARIG contact details:
Email: g0rgh at amsat dot org.
Harwich, United Kingdom.